Super Hydra 400® Transmission Cases (SH400)
Redesigned and strengthened, our Super Hydra 400® transmission cases address weaknesses and add features that improve every aspect of the Turbo 400. We build our Super Hydra 400® cases with full 360 degree internal case “lugs” that retain the center support and pressure plate. Not only are they lightweight and offer minimal drag, but their abuse tolerance has been kicked up several notches to handle high-horsepower levels without ending up with a ruined transmission.
Super Hydra 400®’s are massively tough, ductile, and leak-free with the strength to handle rock crawling, as well as desert or short-course truck racing. Their modular, two-piece design allows them to be used with all popular engines by simply changing bolt-on Superglide bellhousings. Our Super Hydra 400® transmission cases are offered in drag/street and off-road versions, each with features geared specifically for those applications and are SFI 4.1 certified*.
- Speedometer and governor provisions
- Improved billet steel pressure plate
- Oversized snap ring
- Longer band anchor pins captured by oversize bosses
- Additional dipstick hole on driver side
- Multiple external pressure taps allow for monitoring of circuit pressures
- Accept all style oil pumps, including 8-bolt and vari-pitch designs
- Heli-coiled bellhousing and oil pump threads
- Pre-machined to fit larger custom planetary gear carriers
Off-road also includes:
- Pre-machined side oil feed feature for 4L80-E center support
- Front band anchor tapped for custom ARP anchor bolt (supplied)
- Pre-machined bosses for input and output speed sensors
- Un-machined speedometer boss for maximized 4×4 transfer case load support
- Oil line ports machined for -AN fittings
- Pre-machined with additional stud/nut clearance for Advance Adapters transfer case adapters.
- Available with a 4L80-E size pressure plate
Patent Number: 8,413,545 B1
Patent Number: 8,789,443 B2
*Recertification of your case:
Your Reid Racing tranny case must be recertified every 5 years. For a nominal fee, we will inspect it and issue new SFI numbers if it passes inspection. Send the clean, degreased, empty case to Reid Racing, Inc., 4030 Pike Lane, Concord, CA 94520. Include a note with your name, address, and phone numbers.